Fiber Optic Linear Incremental Encoder
MICRONOR introduces the world’s first commercially-available MRI Safe linear position sensor system for OEM motion control applications. With 100µm resolution and 50µm accuracy, MR303 Linear Sensor is the ideal solution for medical, MRI, robotic and industrial applications where position and speed must be precisely monitored, and electromagnetic immunity and invisibility is required. The sensor works in conjunction with the MR302-2 OEM Controller which enables the sensor to integrate with conventional PLC controllers and servo drives.
The position sensor is immune to any electromagnetic interference, such as magnetic fields, lightning, high voltage and radiation. Being fabricated from non-ferrous and non-metallic materials, the sensor is also completely transparent to electromagnetic fields. The sensor’s magnetic invisibility also makes it the ideal position sensor for use in Super Paramagnetic Relaxation Measurements in which extremely small magnetic fields are measured. These attributes allow the MR303 sensor to be safely used in and around the MRI bore and does not produce any imaging artifacts.
This high precision linear encoder provides the means for performance enhancements of existing MRI systems as well as enabling new MRI applications and medical devices.
- MRI cradle position
- MRI robots
- MRI phantoms
- Functional MRI (fMRI) research
- Medical apps requiring patient-instrument electrical isolation
- EMC test systems requiring position sensors with RF transparency
- MR303 MRI Safe Linear Incremental Sensor
- TD5334 series Encoder Film Strips
- MR302-1 DIN Rail Mount Controller for mounting in control cabinets
- MR302-2 OEM Controller – a low cost, small form factory Controller for embedding into OEM products and systems
Check out the following video to find out how this innovative sensor works:
MR303 Linear Encoder Demonstration Video
Link for downloading MOV video file for playing in Windows Media Player or Quicktime (4:50 running time, 1080P resolution, file size 345MB)